Call for Papers
Big data are a major driver in the development of precision medicine. Efficient analysis methods are needed to transform big data into clinically-actionable knowledge. To accomplish this, many researchers are turning toward intelligent approaches. This special session is aimed at providing methods and tools for management, analysis and integration of medical data. All manuscripts will be peer reviewed by internationally recognized experts in related fields. Final decisions will be made by the Session chair. The proceedings of the invited sessions may be published together with the main conference proceedings. The page limit is 4 pages in IEEE double-column format for invited session papers.
Submissions should focus on aspects of biomedical big data, including (but not limited) to the following areas:
- Biomedical and clinical text mining applications
- Big bio- or clinical- data analytics and management
- Integration of structured and unstructured resources for biomedical applications
- Information retrieval from large biomedical data collections
- Data and text Mining solutions in biomedical informatics, for applications such as drug development, systems biology, biomedical working processes
- Information integration for Data and Text Mining
- Mining multi-relational data
- NGS analysis pipeline
Detailed instructions for manuscript preparation can be found on the conference website through this link. Note that all manuscripts should be written in English and submitted electronically in PDF format through the paper submission system. Submitted work must not contain contents that have been published or are under consideration for publication by any other journal or conference.
Each accepted paper should be presented by one of the authors at the conference. At least one author of each accepted paper should be registered and pay the full registration fee to ensure the publication of their paper in the BIBE 2018 conference proceedings and IEEE Digital Library.
- Submission deadline: June 30, 2018
- Notification of acceptance: July 20, 2018
- Camera-ready version due: August 3, 2018
- Conference Date: October 29-31, 2018
Jan-Gowth Chang, China Medical University, Taiwan
Wen-Ling Chan, Asia University, Taiwan